Electric scooter chargers are equipment used to recharge their batteries. In this article, we give you a guide to electric scooter chargers, which will help you get an understanding of them and how they work. We’ll discuss the basics, variations, types, prices, and other aspects.
Nowadays, it’s a common sight to see electric scooters in the streets. The convenience and usefulness these kick scooters offer are second to none. However, to keep them running for daily use you need to keep the battery charged. And that’s where chargers come in. They are a crucial component for your electric scooter setup.
You typically get scooter chargers with the scooter as well as other necessary items. Chargers are stored in a cardboard brick box. To charge the scooter, you connect the receiver to an electrical outlet and a cord with a connector that hooks into the electric scooter’s charging port. It transfers electrical energy from the outlet into a form that may be utilized to charge the battery of the electric scooter.
Now let’s briefly go through the basics of the chargers. There are a couple of things you need to keep in mind:
Voltage & Amperage: Making sure that your charger is compatible with your electric scooter’s battery voltage & amperage is important. Otherwise, it could damage your battery or could become a safety hazard.
Charging Time: Charging time depends on the battery capacity and the charger output. But generally, it takes 3-8 hours to fully charge.
Charge Indicator: Most chargers or even the scooter itself may come with a built-in charging indicator. It can be an LED light or LCD with an icon.
Types Of Electric Scooter Chargers
There are several different types of electric scooter chargers, including:
- Standard chargers
- Fast chargers
- Portable chargers
- Smart chargers
- Solar chargers
Popular electric scooter chargers
- Segway Ninebot ES2/ES4 Charger: This charger is designed for use with the Segway Ninebot ES2 and ES4 electric scooters. It is a standard charger that charges the battery in approximately 3.5 hours.
- Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter Charger: This charger is designed for use with the Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter. It is a standard charger that charges the battery in approximately 5 hours.
- Razor E300 Charger: This charger is designed for use with the Razor E300 electric scooter. It is a standard charger that charges the battery in approximately 12 hours.
- Glion Dolly Charger: This charger is designed for use with the Glion Dolly electric scooter. It is a fast charger that charges the battery in approximately 3.5 hours.
- Swagtron Swagger 5 Charger: This charger is designed for use with the Swagtron Swagger 5 electric scooter. It is a standard charger that charges the battery in approximately 3 hours.
Tips When Charging Your Scooter
Some tips and tricks will help you to prolong the life of your electric scooter’s battery while charging.
- Use the original charger, It’s better to use the charger which came with the scooter
- Avoid replicas
- Avoid Charhing in extreme temperatures. Room temperature is recommended
- A Full charge isn’t necessary, make sure you unplug it when it is.
- We also have a guide to electric scooter batteries. You can check our article on it to learn about the basics.
In conclusion, electric scooters are a great mode of transportation, but keeping them charged up and ready to go is essential for their proper functioning. With the help of our comprehensive guide to electric scooter chargers, you now have all the information you need to select the right charger for your scooter, avoid common charging mistakes, and troubleshoot any charging issues that may arise.
By following the tips and recommendations outlined in our guide, you can ensure that your electric scooter is always fully charged and ready for your next adventure. So don’t hesitate – read our guide today and get the most out of your electric scooter!